Denmark has secured their qualification to the quarter finals of Euro 2020 after thrashing Wales 4-0 tonight at Johan Cruijff ArenA.
The Danish team put on an impressive performance tonight, and they are waiting to face the winner between Netherlands vs Czech Republic in the quarter-finals.
Following today’s game, we are going to spotlight some interesting facts and numbers.
– Since Euro 2004, Denmark managed to book themselves a spot in the quarter-finals of a major competition.
– Denmark became the first team to score 4 goals in two consecutive games in the history of the European Competition.
– Denmark managed to reach the quarter-finals of a major competition on three occasions only during the last 33 years.
– Wales equaled the unwanted record of Russia and Switzerland in Euro, which they achieved in Euro 2004, as they received two red cards in the same Campaign.
– Kasper Dolberg equalled the record of Nicklas Bendtner, who achieved in Euro 2012, after netting a brace tonight against Wales.
– Denmark’s players have been active on the goal, as they managed to score three goals from the outside of penalty area in Euro 2020, more than any team.